Tuesday, September 16, 2014

9/15/2014

hi guys!!!! things are awesome here :)


my first area is Altameda Medellin. it is up on the side of the mountain so everything is up hill aaaaand is the druggie hideout. there's loud music and parties going on every night! but the members are sooo awesome. and they feed us so stinking much. i am NEVER hungry, but im loosing weight from walking so much haha. AND I BOUGHT A GUITAR :D i am sooooo happy!!! it was only 90 bucks including the case capo and tuner :)


its sooo dang hot here. I'm actually glad we only have cold showers. our apartment is tiny tho. me and my comp Elder Alvarado (he is 23, been in the mission for 19 months, and from honduras.. he kinda reminds me of dylan haha) share the apartment with elderes sanchez and condoroi. so i am the only one who speaks english... haha i have learned more in the last 6 days than i did in my first 6 weeks..


all the members cant believe i didn't know Spanish before my mission. they all talk about how when elder toronto was in altameda for his first area he didn't say a word for the first month. but i can speak spanish. i don't know how.. but i just can. my comp says my level of Spanish is better than most elders who have been out for 6 months. i am not bragging. i just want all of you to know that God lives, this is his work, and he has blessed me with the gift of tongues to further it here in the altameda area in medellin. talking gets easier every day.
thank you dad for your blessing before i left and please thank pres metcaff for me.


i love all of you. and encourage you to read Ether 12:27. pray for help cada dia.


also... my investigadors are AWESOME! haha just wanted to say that... we are teaching a 15 year old named lenny and he came to church this Sunday. he likes learning English haha


aaaaand it cost 25 bucks to send a letter here... soooo....


oh yeah and they asked me to talk in sacrament in 2 weeks haha whoooo!


k, love you all


Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment