Friday, August 8, 2014

8/7/2014
guys!! so much to talk about!! ha


so my compañeros nombre es élder peck. he is from kamas Utah and is going to the Bolivia santa cruz mision. do you remember my friend hannah peck from Utah? its her cousin haha. anyways, we get along super well and he helps me out a ton with Spanish. he took 2 years in high school so he is a little ahead of the game hahaha.


so last Friday we went to the temple and did the whole thing in Spanish it was pretty cool and the temple is huge. while i was in there i was praying really hard for some things. and right there, immediately after my amen i opened my eyes and opened my scriptures to where i had stuck a book mark. i read DyC 38:14-16. and that was EXACTLY what i needed it made me so happy. i love the temple. there is a distribution centre right next to it and so i got to buy my Spanish scriptures. they were only 38 bucks. everything is super cheap here. garments are only a dollar!! so I'm gonna buy more and not open them til i get home.


so this is kinda cool, there is only one other elder at the ccm that is going to Medellin with me in September. his name is elder smith. so on the night of the 8th they are going to drive our bags to Medellin and we will fly out in the morning and get there at the same tine as our bags haha.


so on the first day me and elder smith had to go to immigration like elder toronto and it took 4 hours!! haha ridiculous. we had to take a taxi and it was suuuuper sketchy haha. everybody here drives like they hate everybody on the road. i thought we were going to DIE. ha Bogota is kind of disgusting. i hope Medellin is prettier. but i really haven't seen much of Bogota. we are locked up 24-7. literally. there's a HUGE gate and security guards haha. its like prison with the spirit and no security guards....


i bet you are wondering why i am on right now haha well its because there are 96 missionaries here at the ccm right now and that's the most they have ever had. so there wont be enough time on p day for everyone to email.


it has been sooo awesome here guys. we got to hear from the area 70, the temple pres, elder holland and elder bednar!!!!! i have the most AMAZING quotes and notes :)


i have to admit there are hard days tho. sometimes the language frustrates me. like when we have to teach fake investigator that don't know English... haha sometimes it sucks not being able to say what you want. but the Spanish is coming fast. haha NONE of the teachers speak English well. only the ccm pres, pres dyer. hes from San Diego and he is the SMARTEST man i know. haha seriously. like the next apostle.


well guys i love you all. i wrote letters and will mail them tomorrow.


my release date is July 13th 2016


my escripture that gives me fortaleza es Alma 56:46-48


i love you mom and dad. and kade and jeni and makenli and dawson :)


Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment