Thursday, August 28, 2014

8/27/14
okay, i know what the subject of my email says.. but i will get to that in a min.. first, lets start with last Wednesday:


we went to the temple in the morning and i was able to understand a lot! i loved it! i got to read my patriarchal blessing in the celestial room. waaaay cool experience... but it gets better... as me and elder peck were walkin out of the celestial room, pres dyer stopped me and said "elder bigelow, i am very impressed with you Spanish. its hard to believe you have no Spanish background at all" SOOOOOO COOL :) made me confident... cause i was down on myself about it :)


then, on Thursday we went proselyting WAAY on the other side of Bogota.... me and alder pecked stopped some guy in the park and started talking to him.. he asked me why the book of mormon is needed and i told him about how Christ came to America and established his church here with the fullness of the gospel and its all recorded in the bom.. he wanted one sooooo bad! and asked us to go to lunch with him but we had already given out book away so we got his info for the missionaries in the field.. super cool :)


i got pretty sunburned while proselyting.. LOVE IT!!


okay, now the best day! so yesterday we went to the temple. and i swear to you guys i understood every word :) i couldn't believe it but i was so happy :) the temple is just an amazing place :) then, after the temple we switched rooms (ill tell you about my new room and comp in a min) and despues, vamos a tour de Bogota!!! soooooo sweeet!!! haha we rode a freaky old tram up a mountain to a castle churchy with a giant statue of christ. then we went to a musem full of lamanite artifacts and nephite armor!!! sooooo sick!! hahaha i was lovin it!!1 then, after wards we went to a store and bought fútbol jerseys! i got two Colombia ones and a Mexico jersey :) I MISS AUTUMN!!!!!! okay... algun veses, yo lloro in la noche.... perro todos es bien. soy muy feliz. yo amo mi mision y mi compañero :) OH thats right! haha companions!!


MY new companion is Elder  Gil from Venezuela! i haven't met him yet! he will be here in a couple hours!! wooo! but it gets cooler! in my room, there is me and elder evens, hes from Utah.. mas our companions who only speak Spanish, they are from Venezuela y Bolivia, AND we have 2 elders from Mozambique who only speak Portuguese!!!! ahhhh! hahahaha so cool but minimal communication hahaha


also, last night a ton of new white elders came in last night... and i convinced them that i only speak Spanish!!! hahaha that also boosted my confidence ;)


alright guys! i love you. i am finishing this email so i can send pics!!


also, try this... i am in 3rd nephi and i started reading while picture each event in my mind as if i was there... and in my head i was a little child, as he knelt with me and all the other nephite children to pray. then blessed us one by one. i listened to his teachings and learned so much. DO NOT DOUBT. and DO Not go a DAY without reading the most true book on this earth. read and learn of our Savior. its all so true and wonderful. i love this work and i love my family and i love this language and i love the book of mormon, and i love my Savior JesuCristo.


Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment