Thursday, July 7, 2016

7/4/2016

Todavía no se siente real...
i feel like i had a good week.
Wednesday (my birthday) was probably the fastest day of my mission, we had interviews with the pres, and he didn't have much to say to me honestly, it was kind of funny. but i got my temple recommend renewed so that was good. but then the rest of the day we were teaching so much i had forgot it was my birthday until the night when our converts invited us to eat hamburgers with them.
Also this week, something cool, we have so much work and people to teach in the area that we got a call this week saying that they were gonna be splitting my area! so we have a new Elder here, Elder Cevallos from Ecuador. hes awesome. he reminds me of my trainer Elder Cordova. they actually knew each other back home. so that's funny. but anyways, now that we are 4 my official comp is elder Ku and elder Garrison is with elder Cevallos. but we do so many exchanges that it kinda feels like we are all each others comp. haha
we had a guy go to church yesterday who bore his testimony and invited the whole congregation to his baptism on the 23rd, also Miguel had to change his date and will be baptized on the 23rd as well.
its sad to think i wont be here for that.
Today was awesome! we went to Guatapé and climbed the Piedra del Peñon. it was cool to go back, i last went in Oct 2014 but it felt like no time at all had past when i went back.
its crazy how fast time goes.
theres not much to tell you about the rock, other than its big. but i got lotsa pics so ill try to send them ahorita.

Well, its weird to think that this is the last time ill be writing or talking to you guys until i actually see you next week.. 
i almost don't want it to be true. i am in love with my mission. i love what i do. and i will be forever grateful for having been given the opportunity to serve my Father. And even more grateful for all i have learned and been able to do. And for all the people I've met and taught and learned to love.

i know God lives. i know He loves us. and that He always will. we are not alone. we have Someone we can rely on for everything. i know that's true. and i trust Him.

DyC 64:33; Mosiah 23:21-22
"The Time Is Far Spent"
ELDER H. BIGELOW

No comments:

Post a Comment