Wednesday, April 22, 2015

4/13/2015

Going to Medellin this week to get my new comp was awesome. it was a weird feeling tho cause when i got there i had this "I'm home" kind of feeling. which i guess makes since cause Medellin was my home for almost 6 months! haha. i actually kind of felt cold there. i cant imagine whats its gonna be like going back home to Alaska. IM GONNA FREEZE! haha. but it was really cool to be down there, we got to talk to the pres. we had a trainers meeting (i got my Easter package and a letter) AND GUYS! haha i got a gringo! my new comp (my hijo) is elder Wadley from Lehi Utah. he doesn't speak a lick of Spanish but we are working on that. I've also started teaching him guitar. its so great. honestly my mission changed. its cool to not only be teaching the people but also teaching another elder how to teach the people. and elder wadley is awesome. he reminds me so much of kade and all my goof ball cousins. i had never met him before the mission (even when we lived really close) but i feel like I've known the guy forever. its like working as a missionary with my brother. I'm so glad i have this opportunity.


the rest of the week flew by. we basically just spent the week introducing elder wadley to all the members and investigators. and on Friday night when we were planning for Friday we had an empty hour in the schedule so i said "we can just knock some doors for an hour" and the wadley looked at me with a kind of worried and surprised face and said "we´re really gonna do that?".. "yes" i said. and then he smiled so big hahahaha. Hes freaking awesome. i love the energy that the new missionaries have even tho they don't speak the language and everything about this lifestyle is new to them. and we had some success when we knocked doors too. we found a new family and are gonna start teaching them this week!


but yeah, that's pretty much it. just remember tho guys, that no matter who you are God has a plan specifically for you and has given you skills and talents that are meant to be shared with others, so find yours and SHARE IT!!!


"I Hope They Call Me On a Mission"
Elder BIgelow


#autumnusedtoomanyhashtagsinheremail #trainingagringo

No comments:

Post a Comment