Wednesday, July 30, 2014

7/30/2014
Hola! we got to the ccm super late because elder manwaring lost his bag!! i was kinda feeling bad for him.. but then i opened my bag..... in costoms they must have sprayed my bug spray can and then resealed them in the ziplock bag cause it soaked half my ties and shirts...... oh and it soaked the letters you wrot me so the only on i could read was kades because it was in pencil... i love you Kade. gracias...... this is sooooooo weird guys.. when we got her EVERYONE was awake and running around... i guess every other Tuesday night is like this when new elders come haha we were up til 230... oops! haha i am sooo tired but i don't even care hahah.... um so i gues i was supposed to buy my Spanish scriptures and pmg... i have the pmg but i need to buy my own Spanish scriptures when we go to the temple/distributiion center on friday :)


sooooooo pdays here are weird... they are every other Tuesdays.. and on a week where its not on Tuesday, we have it on Friday. so this week was Tuesday pday, so my first pday is next Friday... make sense?


i just had my interview with ccm pres Dyer. he used to work in barrow. so he likes me haha. he is a super nice guy and i am happy to have him here. i don't have a comp yet but one other guy in my room is going to Medellin... he grew up on the Navajo res in new Mexico :D we are pretty sure we will be companions.


dad, i am already picking up Spanish and i haven't gone to a single class yet. its awesome. NOBODY speaks English here except for pres dyer... they know as much English as i know Spanish so its reeeaaally hard to comunicate, but i am loving it!!!


on our 4th pday we get to tour Bogota! and get futbol jerseys! wooohoo hahaha they look pretty cool..... the guy sitting behind me is making my tag right now as i am typing.. I'm excited to wear it... the Latino elders are hilarious. i love talking (or attempting to talk) to them.


this place is TINY. we are in a room smaller than my room at home and there are 8 of us living there.. i was the first one from my room to get here so i got first dibs on my bed.. i picked the bottom bunk by the window because i can put my luggage right next to my bed. and i hung my Alaskan flag on my wall haha.... everybody here wants to talk to the Alaskan elder haha its cool.


okay, well i love you guys and already miss you like crazy. you are all so awesome and i am happy to call you family :)


your Paisa Alaskana,
Elder Bigelow (pernounced Beehello by my latino elder friends) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment